The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Savannah State University is seeking qualified part-time faculty in the Department of Fine Arts, Humanities and Wellness. Applications for part-time instructors are accepted on an ongoing basis to provide an applicant pool for the department in the following subject areas:
- Visual Art
Positions will be filled on an as needed basis and will vary by need, course and semester.
Part-time Instructors are expected to:
- Instruct students in assigned courses.
- Take regular attendance.
- Provide academic guidance and counseling to students in cooperation with student services personnel.
- Maintain academic standards.
- Prepare course syllabus and outline.
- Monitor student progress.
- Keep adequate and accurate records.
- Enter midterm and final course grades online.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in one of the aforementioned subject areas.
- Experience teaching secondary or post-secondary courses.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to student retention and success.
- Demonstrated commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
- Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Excellent interpersonal/human relation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Terminal degree in subject area preferred.