The Candlewood Suites San Antonio Airport is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Sales Manager!
MKM Lodging, a company committed to exceeding expectations at every opportunity, has continued to live and breathe the motto of “Smart growth through intelligent design.” With this continued success and growth we have an immediate opening for the Sales Manager position.
Come join a team that you can truly have an impact on; where creativity, ingenuity, and a commitment to being your best will truly be valued!
Competitive Pay & Great Bonus Opportunities!
Potential future career options could be, but not limited to: Director of Sales, Director of Sales – Full Service property, Area Director of Sales, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a goodwill ambassador for the hotel, brand, and MKM family
- Manage workflow through our online sales tracking tool, properly responding to leads and filing data according to company and brand standards.
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and industry events when assigned
- Assist with setting sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as assigned;
- Communicate with Revenue Management and General Manager to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies on a daily, weekly, and as necessary basis
- Proactively set rate and LOS strategies for city-wide events to maximize profitability
- Actively lead by example and train any immediate subordinates to maximize their potential
- Assist the General Manager with creating and executing annual business plans
- Assist the General Manager with creating annual topline revenue budgets, updating 30-60-90-180 forecasts monthly, and executing to meet or exceed those figures
- Directly responsible for submitting compelling business cases, responding to all RFP’s, and maintaining positive relationships with all local and corporate accounts
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of detail and efficiency.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); college level sales / marketing classes or Business Degree preferred but not required.
2-4 years of hands-on sales experience in a Select Service Hotel environment preferred, 1 year hotel sales experience minimum for consideration.
Previous hotel experience with Extended Stay, Premium Brandsis preferred, but not required. (IHG, Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
- Hotel Sales: 1 year (Required)