Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP, a leading international business immigration law firm, is immediately hiring an Assistant Paralegal in its Los Angeles office.
A Fragomen career gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging atmosphere with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Assistant Paralegals learn from the industry's leading experts.
Our Assistant Paralegals perform challenging, substantive legal work, such as:
- Analyzing case documents and preparing immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Learning procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Filing documents with government agencies and internally.
- Maintaining case management system and client contact information.
- Interfacing with corporate representatives and foreign nationals.
- Working closely in a team environment.
- Building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Achieve a high level of productivity with great accuracy.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Contribute to positive work environment.
Fragomen provides training and support to ensure your success:
- Ongoing training workshops in all aspects of immigration case strategy and preparation.
- Legal practice meetings and alerts which provide updates and address current events, advanced topics, and client relationship building skills.
- Client service team structure that enables mentoring from senior professionals.