Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Financial Systems Administrator - Finance and Requisition ID number: 57600
11:59 PM on
Financial Systems (10000960)
Davis Center (0001)
1.0 / 52 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Financial Systems Administrator
Under general supervision, develops and tests detailed functional designs for SAP business solution components and prototypes; collects and analyzes financial and statistical data and information; works with SAP users to identify and resolve SAP FICO system issues for the MPS Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and tests detailed functional designs for SAP business solution components.
- Administers accounting and payroll system security, maintains system tables, and documents and analyzes department requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes user documentation and trains staff in accounting and payroll system usage.
- Compiles cost data for all of the employee bargaining units to be used during contract negotiations.
- Coordinates and participates in a variety of financial analytical studies; conducts complex analyses that relate to accounting and payroll systems.
- Prepares a variety of reports, flowcharts, diagrams, documentation and other written materials; compiles a variety of financial information for use by the district.
- Provides technical support for SAP Financial and Controlling systems and software applications; identifies, defines and resolves SAP FICO application problems.
- Represents department and district in meetings with internal and external committees and project teams.
- Maintains and enforces all aspects of system security and confidentiality of records and information; monitors systems and identifies security issues and violations of MPS policies and guidelines.
- Documents work completed and maintains records; notifies manager and other technicians of unusual problems or problem trends in order to facilitate continued improvement of client services.
- Collects and analyzes MPS financial and statistical data and information; performs work within scope of authority and training; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Identifies technical problems which need to be addressed by improved policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Financial Systems Administrator
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, MIS, Computer Technology, or Economics; AND four (4) years of relevant SAP configuration/support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
- The structure and operating capabilities of multiple network operating systems.
- ERP software applications and operating systems used at MPS, including R/3, dynamic web applications, database protocols and internet technical knowledgebase services.
- Detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for Public Sector financial management.
- SAP ERP systems and report writing query tools ERP Modules such as SRM, HR, FI, CO and MM, User Exits, reports and interfaces.
- Principles and protocols for the management of MPS electronic information.
- Principles of public sector bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
- Project management planning principles, tools and techniques.
- Working independently in a technical and business environment with interlinked and changing priorities.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, analyzing, planning and executing tasks for SAP FICO Systems.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting SAP ERP system.
- Analyzing problems and recommending effective solutions.
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, and preparing data and generating reports.
- Answering questions, advising staff, and resolving problems regarding ERP programs.
- Responding professionally, effectively and efficiently to customer service requests.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
SAP FI or SAP CO certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage
- Bargaining Unit: MACA
- Grade: 66
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Job Group: Finance
- Revised: August 17, 2018
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
| 12:01 AM On | Financial Systems (10000960) | Davis Center (0001) | Administrative