PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR RESUME SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU!
Do you want to earn extra income for summer vacations, a new car, or pay off some debt?
Caprock is looking for Full and Part-time EXPERIENCED COOKS!
If you are currently working for another restaurant in town you can still work for us part time provided you are not working at another sports grill. We will try to work around the schedule of your current job.
Most employees who work for us find us a great place to work!
ABOUT CAPROCK CAFÉ--A LOCAL SPORTS GRILL
Caprock Café has been cooking great food for Lubbock since 1997, and has been voted Lubbock’s “Best Place to have a Beer” and “Best Bar”. Local, on-site owners and friendly servers make Caprock Cafe a fun restaurant to cook for!
Responsibilities and Duties
LINE COOK JOB DESCRIPTION
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Mix ingredients such as sauces.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
- Prepare specialty foods such as sandwiches, tacos, and nachos following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and refrigerated cases.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, to help coordinate cooking times.
- Serve orders to customers at expo window.
Qualifications and Skills
LINE COOK QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 year food service cook experience on grill, prep, and fryer.
- Verifiable work history
- Professional references
- Must pass a drug screen
- Texas Food Handler or higher Certification
- $11 per hour to start, raises based on cooking performance after training period
- Free food from kitchen cook’s menu while working
- 401k plan for eligible employees
- $200 shoe voucher after one year for cooks
- Paid vacation for eligible employees
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- restaurant cooking: 2 years (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time: