Backed by three generations and over 40 years of experience in the natural products industry, Piping Rock is a true industry pioneer in the production and distribution of vitamins, nutritional supplements, essential oils and other health products. The company manufactures, packages, and ships our products in state-of-the-art facilities located in Long Island, New York. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products, and we believe our associates make the difference.
Technology Environment: The technology landscape includes: eCommerce applications (LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP); ERP business applications (MS Great Plains, Batch Master); and MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access, PowerPoint). Development methodology includes both Waterfall and Agile processes.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager with the following:
- Collecting new business requests
- Gathering, validating and documenting business requirements
- Coordinating project activities, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Monitoring testing activities conducted by QA resources; and assist with user acceptance testing
- Preparing user documentation for end-user training
- Supporting development deployment activities
- Monitoring and summarizing progress of project(s) and preparing status reports
- 2-5 years of Project Management and/or Business Analyst experience
- Experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access, PowerPoint)
- Good time management skills
- Very good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and organize work activiites
- Professional and personable; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Willing to take initiative, deal with ambiguity and assume responsibility
- Some working knowledge of PMI Project Management Processes and Knowledge Areas a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field a plus.
Job Type: Full-time