Dudek is seeking a full time Senior Architectural Historian to work as part of Dudek’s team of cultural resources specialists. Our team of archaeologists, architectural historians, historians, ethnographers, and paleontologists design and implement identification, significance assessment, mitigation, and preservation programs administered at the local, state, and federal level throughout the western United States.
With multiple offices throughout California, Dudek is open to qualified candidates in varying locations across the state. However, applicants must be willing and able to work from one of the following office locations on a regular, full-time basis: Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, or Auburn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare historic resource surveys, evaluations, and related technical documents in compliance with CEQA, NEPA and Section 106 of the NHPA
- Evaluate historical resources in consideration of NRHP, CRHR, and local level designation criteria and integrity requirements
- Research, develop, and write historic context statements
- Assess impacts/effects to historical resources/historic properties
Educations and Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a related field
- Adequate professional experience as a consultant in the discipline of architectural history/historic preservation
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for architectural history
- Experience conducting building permit research at local government offices
- Experience conducting CHRIS records searches
- Experience evaluating properties in accordance with local, state and national criteria and integrity requirements on State of California DPR forms
- Strong writing and research skills (writing samples will be required)
- Strong communication skills (both with clients and co-workers)
- Solid understanding of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties
- Ability to travel for field work
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Please provide at least two professional references in your application.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 400 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer