The IT Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for monitoring, commenting and replying to service desk inquiries. This is the first level of support and response for technical service requests. Interfaces with senior engineers and is involved with ticket resolution. You will also provide maintenance of the computing environment by installing hardware and software, managing printers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations as well light systems administration tasks.
- Provide technical service support and resolve issues in typical Active Directory based Windows network.
- Assist the internal user community and provide an initial response to service requests.
- Modify, install, and troubleshoot software/hardware.
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing staff.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, software, and licenses.
- Provide “service desk” support to on-site and remote staff as needed.
- Participate in general IT staff project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of computer technology in a business environment.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Microsoft Office, Windows 10, Net Backup a plus.
- Strong aptitude with Windows repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and interest to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Eagerness to learn standard and industry specific applications.
- Manage Engine service desk and related tools suite.
- Windows 10, Linux, Windows Server 2019, SQL
- Shoretel voip phone system.
- Microsoft Dynamics suite of software, Office/Exchange, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, etc certifications a plus.
- Previous experience in a service desk role a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Information Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative