ProAct Services is seeing to add an Engineer to our team in Bordentown, NJ. This role would be assisting on projects with Environmental Treatment Solutions for our clients. Ideally seeking someone with a Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering background.
The Field Engineer is based out of regional ProAct Offices, and will assist the operations team with analyzing and problem solving projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the operation of environmental remediation systems.
- Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of operating processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with other specialists for quality control of raw materials.
- Troubleshoot operating systems to meet client needs
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
- Other Duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job works outside in all weather elements. Frequently will work at safety sensitive job sites, with multiple potential hazards, including working around heavy equipment and elevated noise levels.
- Raising or lowering object that may include upward pulling up to 75 pounds (team lifting required for anything over 75 pounds)
- May require being in a stationary position for extended periods of time, including driving
- Moderate computer and other office machine use; must be able to operate, activate and position hands/fingers accordingly
- Excellent visionary capacity for detecting, determining, perceiving, recognizing, judging, assessing safety hazards and proper loading of equipment
- Occasionally ascend/descend ladders to enter trailers and other equipment
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions and various hazardous materials
This position does not typically require travel to support business needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)