- JOB SUMMARY
- Reports clinically to the Practice Site Physician(s) and administratively to an BMG Director. Under the direction of the physician(s), assumes responsibility for plan of care for obstetrical and gynecological patients selected in accordance with approved nurse midwifery protocols and in compliance with BMG policies and procedures. Seeks consultation from all members of health care team in accordance with nurse midwifery protocols. Manages postpartum course, including instruction, referrals and follow-up. Provides 24-hour on call coverage to caseload of obstetrical patients, including telephone triage. Identifies, manages and consults for obstetrical emergencies.
- MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a nurse midwifery educational program from an accredited school, Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred, current license to practice nurse midwifery in the state of Indiana, and national certification as a nurse midwife by the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM). Two to three years clinical experience working with obstetrical and gynecological patients is preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Requires thorough and complete understanding of nurse midwifery protocols and nursing care practices for obstetrical and gynecological patients.
- Demonstrates high level of analytical ability necessary to assess patients and evaluate services rendered.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal skills necessary to interact in a professional manner with patients and families, physicians and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both oral and written to disseminate information in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrates ability to function within legal boundaries of a Nurse Midwife and utilize knowledge of governing Indiana statutes, rules and regulations.
- Working Conditions
- Works in a physician office/hospital environment.
- Requires flexible schedule to work extended hours when required and provide on-call emergency support.
- Physical Demands
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position..
Job Type: Part-time
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Required)
- Practice Nurse Midwifery (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week: