Exciting opportunity to join a new high energy veterinary clinic in West Covina, CA. .
Responsible for providing medical leadership for the clinic and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. Responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Surgical and medical care, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
· Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
· Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
· Establishes medical protocols.
· Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
· Develops and monitors clinic-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
· Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
· Maintains State compliance
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of California
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Delegates tasks and achieves results with clinic team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· 2-5 years experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift