Lehigh University Dining Services
Debra Bruder 610-758-4192
Target Hourly Rate:
$13-$17 Based on Experience
Join our diverse and dynamic team at Lehigh Dining Services located on the beautiful campus of Lehigh University
Now Hiring for: Student Restaurant Pizza Pasta Cook
All employees receive:
Hours: Nights and Weekends
Full time or part time position
Ability to work various areas:
- Make pizza dough
Use a hearth pizza oven
Pasta and sauces to order
$200 sign on bonus for Full Time and $100 sign on bonus for Part time after 90 days
Benefits starting 1 st day of work for full time employees
Medical, vision, dental, disability, vacation and sick time
Opportunities for growth and development
Meals while working
401K plan with company matching
$100 -$200 refer a friend and other incentive programs
Reduced summer and winter hours allow you to vacation and spend time with your family and friends
Any questions please call
Sodexo Lehigh University
29 Trembley Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including seasoning.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexho, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
Maturity of judgment and behavior.
Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
Maintains a positive attitude.
Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
Must comply with any dress code requirements.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
0 to 2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
Must be organized and a problem solver
Some heavy lifting required
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
Significant walking or other means of mobility.
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).