Conference Services Manager**
Manage operation of the Conference Services Department overseeing coordination of conference and meeting groups in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards. ** **
**Potential Career Path**
Sales Manager – Director of Catering Sales – Director of Sales
**Essential Job Functions**
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values. ** **
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Monitor in-house group activity, providing assistance as needed.
- Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients.
- Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads, and securing re-bookings.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years' of related experience.
**Work Environment and Context**
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
**What We Believe**
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It