Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express that acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express-branded Cards. The Merchant Acquisition and Supplier Enablement (MASE) team within GMNS is a nationwide organization comprised of over 160 professionals dedicated to signing and enabling U.S. merchants for AXP Card acceptance.
The Manager of Business Development (MBD) is a direct sales position on the Miami District Sales team within the Southern Region of Merchant Acquisition. This position will focus on high value prospects within B2B verticals and segments that do not currently accept the Card as a form of payment. This role will also work closely with our Global Commercial Services (GCS) and the Regional Centralized Client Management teams to expand B2B coverage, drive charge volume, and a focus on Welcomed Acceptance. The successful candidate will use his/ her in-depth knowledge of American Express and target industries to partner with prospects and internal stakeholders across the blue box to devise and implement innovative deal constructs to unlock previously untapped opportunities.
- Track record of conceiving, structuring, selling in, and implementing ambitious, innovative deals
- Ensures accurate business process, conduct and compliance controls and adherence
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and drive consensus with internal collaborators, including pricing, legal, Card issuers, Risk, and other internal partners
- Strong financial competence. Excellent financial and analytical skills used to prepare and present quantitative analyses to prospects.
- Strong primary and secondary account/ industry research skills; proven ability to demonstrate professional network and third-party sources to develop deep understanding of prospect needs, anticipated objections, and potential leverage points
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Strong executive presence.
- Strong negotiation skills; proven ability in building rapport and earning credibility with prospects.
- Flexible; comfortable in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities and changes in direction.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5+ years of successful outside sales experience.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com an asset.
- Fluency in the Spanish language - the ability to speak and write fluently preferred.
Will Not Provide Sponsorship:
1. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Salary Range: $70,000.00 to $125,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.