JPPA is a leading e-commerce retailer offering the finest garden varieties and live gift plants for Jackson & Perkins, Park Seed, Wayside Gardens and Van Dykes. JPPA is headquartered in Greenwood, South Carolina. We have an opening for a Network Administrator. The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining computer networks and solving any problems that may occur with them. They must be able to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is also responsible for telephone, data center, security systems and other electronic infrastructure.
Network Administrator Responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Identifying and solving problems that arise with computer networks and systems
- Consulting with management to specify system requirements and design solutions
- Budgeting for equipment and assembly costs
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete
- Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved
- Working with IT support personnel, including occasional on-call support for business-critical issues
- Working with the Systems Administrator to document, manage, train and maintain the local and wide area networks.
- Provide ownership of issues from identification through resolution and documentation.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of all servers, both on-premise and in off-site data center.
- Manage, maintain and document backup policies, retention and procedures.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Manage and provide guidance to other members of the team.
Network Administrator Skills:
- Four-year degree or college diploma required, preferably in the field of computer science or other related academic fields or equivalent business experience.
- Relevant work / management experience.
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365 administration, Core Switching / Routing, SSL / IPSec, SAN, VM, Backups.
- Knowledge and hand-on experience with AWS management.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- installing and configuring network: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off