Experience and Education
Ph.D. degree with major coursework in field of assignment and five (5) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least two (2) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and seven (7) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least three (3) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and nine (9) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least four (4) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project. Selects or assists in selection of key research personnel. Determines specific goals or objectives to be attained and assigns and reviews work of subordinates. Plans experimental protocols.
- Reviews and analyzes resulting research data. Revises techniques or approaches to work problems as indicated necessary by research data.
- Compiles, writes, and submits research results to supervisor. Prepares or assists in preparation of research papers, reports, and abstracts for publication as one of co-authors.
- Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Plans and supervises training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, use of laboratory equipment, and safety procedures.
- May confer with industrial, governmental, or other groups concerning progress or results of research project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Salary Salary Negotiable
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.