Server - Full and Part Time Positions
The Plate Spinner
“Not only can I remember your name after one time, but I remember what we talked about last Thursday. I can pick up milk, drop off a prescription and walk the dog in under 30 minutes. I don’t like sitting for very long. What can I say? People seem to like me.”
Sound like you? Apply to be a Server with LivGenerations today. When you are a Server you genuinely enjoy talking to people, making you a perfect server. Residents smile when they see you. Somehow you’re able to have a conversation, refill the salt and pepper shakers, take an order, and clear a table all at once without breaking a sweat. We don’t know how you do it, but we like it.
Can you thrive in a culture like that? Do you believe serving others is the best thing a person can do?
Whether you’ve worked in senior living before or not, you’re someone to whom we’d like to talk.
Of course, work wouldn’t be work without some responsibilities. Your main responsibility is providing a caring and professional service to our residents. You’ll take orders, deliver meals, set tables, clean, and participate in training and staff meetings. There’s not much you can’t do. If you can do all of these things, and you’re outgoing, passionate, and ethical, then what are you waiting for? Apply today.
Why join the LivGenerations team?
We do more than build and operate senior living communities. At LivGenerations, we help people live fuller lives. We believe that providing senior living means giving people an unrivaled experience while treating everyone with respect and operating with fiscal responsibility. What makes us different? Our investment in people enables them to enjoy genuine relationships, personal growth activities, and opportunities to provide meaningful service to others.
- Take resident(s) meal orders and serve meals correctly and efficiently
- Deliver trays to rooms of ill residents
- Set tables with napkins and tableware
- Refill condiments and salt and pepper shakers
- Set up and keep salad and dessert counter supplied
- Clean dining room tables and chairs and vacuum dining room
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals
- Attend and participate in training, inservices, and staff meetings
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Dining Room Supervisor and/or Director of Dining Services
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous waitstaff or food service experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain a food handler’s card within 30 days of employment
- Commitment to excellence
- Flexible schedule
- Sufficient fluency in spoken and/or written English to safely and effectively perform the functions of your job and to understand job assignments, instructions, policies, rules, and safetyrelated information
- Experience in working in a senior living community preferred
- Willingness to work flexible hours, such as evenings and weekends
- Pass post offer TB test