Northern Light A.R. Gould
Position is located: North Street Healthcare Mall
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 5:00 AM to 5:30 PM
**$4000 Sign on Bonus Eligible**
The Hemodialysis technician initiates monitors and discontinues outpatient hemodialysis treatments under the supervision of the Hemodialysis charge RN.
Initiates, monitors and discontinues hemodialysis treatment according to established policies and procedures under nursing supervision. 2. Starts up, prepares, tears down and cleans machinery used for hemodialysis. 3. Recognizes emergent situations, provides immediate intervention and obtains nursing direction appropriately. 4. Assists in transfer of patients. 5. Age Specific Standards: The individual in the position must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. In additions, s/he must possess the ability to assess patient data relative to age specific needs and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
Other Information :
1) BLS certification. 2) Within 18 months of being hired as a hemodialysis technician, applicant must successfully pass the Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) exam.
Prior medical experience is preferred. Dialysis experience is preferred.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED: 1. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality. 2. Willingness to work cooperatively. 3. Strong interpersonal skills. 4. Motivator for exceeding customer satisfaction. 5. Must always project a professional image. 6. Compassion, caring, and willingness exceed satisfying the customer needs. 7. Anticipates and meets customer needs without prompting. 8. Receptive and helpful attitude
Competencies and Skills
- Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
- Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
- Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
- Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
- Extend body and limbs to reach items.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.