Reporting directly to the American Trauma Society, PA Division (ATSPA) Chief Executive Officer and the South Central PA Highway Safety Coordinator, the Assistant Coordinator is a full-time professional position. This position is responsible for coordinating and presenting highway safety/traffic safety educational programs in the Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry, and Franklin.
- Assist Highway Safety Coordinator with maintaining grant statistics
- Prepare correspondence, documentation, and daily logs
- Serve as liaison for local and state law enforcement as part of the Aggressive Driving and DUI Coalitions
- Ensure active event promotion for annual Safe Driving Competition for Youth and Driver’s Education Seminar events
- Provide support for Child Passenger Safety Training classes and child safety seat installations
- Promote and present classes on general traffic and passenger safety to wide range of audiences
- Assist with public relations promotion, providing information to local media outlets, as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Communications, Social Sciences, or Education preferred
- Previous law enforcement experience desirable
- Instruction experience preferred
- Applicant must possess integrity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
- Experience in professional networking and building community partnerships
- Energetic “go-getter” with drive and desire to succeed
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with grant writing and application procedures
- Child Passenger Safety Technician certification required upon employment
Starting salary commensurate with experience. Available benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage; life insurance; retirement plan; and generous personal time off.
Applications received by 07/26/2018 will receive full consideration. Interviews will begin immediately. Please, no phone calls.
About the ATSPA:
The American Trauma Society, Pennsylvania Division is a non-profit trauma prevention education organization dedicated to reducing the suffering, disability and death caused by trauma throughout the Commonwealth.
Find us online:
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: