Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for an assigned portfolio of complex Condominium and Homeowners associations following established processes and procedures of the department. These financial statements will include specialized requirements such as Tiered, Developer and Food & Beverage. The Senior Accountant will play a key role in assisting the Financial Reporting leadership in achieving department goals by providing support to Financial Reporting Supervisors and Managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepare and post Journal entries monthly to the General Ledger for a given accounting period for an assigned portfolio.
2. Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Identify, investigate, resolve and/or report on discrepancies.
3. Identify and research variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet, make adjusting entries and reclasses as appropriate based on analysis.
4. Prepare the Financial Statement package within necessary time lines to meet client due dates and submit for review to the assigned Supervisor.
5. Make adjustments as required from review and timely deliver accurate Financial Statement packages by the client due date.
6. Provide assistance, support and instruction to Property Managers and Regional Directors on accounting matters related to the assigned portfolio.
7. Respond timely to requests from operations including Field Staff or Regional Directors.
8. Analyze and post end-of-year audit entries.
9. Communicate timely the potential issues that may affect the accuracy of the financial statements.
10. Collaborate independent CPA audit firm in their audit and review of associations on a year-end, turnover, and/or periodic audit/review.
11. Approve association budgets according to department standards.
12. Timely follow up and resolve outstanding items and reconciling differences within financial statements.
13. Assist on special requests and projects, prepare ad hoc reporting as needed and requested.
14. Provide guidance and assist with training/development of Junior and Staff Accountants.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
3. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
4. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
5. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business-related field from an accredited college or university, and minimum three to five years of general ledger accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA certification a plus. Prior experience in the field of property management, real estate and/or residential management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong excel skills along with proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
- Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves no or minimal travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tax Credit Job Category
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible