You Belong Here.
At MultiCare, we strive to offer a true sense of belonging for all our employees. Across our health care system, you will find a dynamic range of meaningful careers, opportunities for growth, safe workplaces, and flexible schedules. We are connected by our mission - partnering and healing for a healthy future - and dedicated to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
We are actively hiring Patient Registars to join our teams in person at Deaconess Hospital and Valley Hospital in the greater Spokane area of Washington state. We have full-time, part-time, and on-call opportunities available.
The Registrar is responsible for welcoming the patient into the care delivery setting and initiates the documentation required for the patient's clinical care as well as the financial clearance. The Registrar is responsible for ensuring accurate patient admission/registration. This position works closely with both the financial team (Patient Financial Services and the payors) and the clinical team (Care Management, Emergency Department, Utilization Review, etc) to ensure the optimum patient experience, accurate registration, maximum cash flow and reimbursements for the system. This position is an intermediate level-position that requires a professional service-oriented individual with strong organizational skills working under limited supervision. The work environment at times can be stressful, pressured, or hostile. This position works on the front line with constant patient interaction in high volume registration areas and the Emergency Departments. Work situations are varied and require an individual with the ability to respond to patients and families with compassion, respect, and understanding. This position requires strong organization skills, prioritization, good judgment, diplomacy, and independent thinking. External contacts include patients, families, community physicians, and outside organizations such as representatives from government agencies and insurance carriers. Independent decision-making is required in daily routine functions. Major decisions are subject to review and approval.
- One of the following:
- Graduate of a health vocational program such as Patient Access, Medical Assistance, Medical Billing & Insurance, or Medical General
- Associate degree and six months healthcare experience
- Bachelor's Degree and customer service experience
- One (1) year experience as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
- One (1) experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- One (1) year admitting, billing, or registration experience in a health care setting and customer service experience
- One (1) year of customer service experience in fast paced environment.
- MultiCare offers are contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination. The only exemptions/accommodations will be for documented medical history or conditions for which COVID immunization is contraindicated or religious/strongly held personal beliefs.
Our Core Values
As a MultiCare employee, we’ll rely on you to reflect our core values of Respect, Integrity, Stewardship, Excellence, Collaboration, and Kindness, through every aspect of patient care and employee collaboration.
- Mission-driven: Partnering for healing and a healthy future
- Market Leadership: Washington's largest community-based, locally governed health system
- Technology: "Most Wired" healthcare system 13 years in a row
- Employee-centric: Named Forbes "America's Best Employers by State" in 2022
- Lifestyle: Live and work in the Pacific Northwest - offering breathtaking water, mountain, and forest at every turn
Ready to apply?
To expedite your application process, please also apply to an open position on the MultiCare careers website. Copy and paste the following URL into a separate internet browser to view related jobs:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.74 - $83.13 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Washington State Driver's license (Preferred)
Work Location: In person