- Microsoft Word
- Account Analysis
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Discount
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Start your story at Michaels….
Michaels Jewelers is looking for dynamic, driven and experienced Accounting Specialist to join our team!
The Accounting Specialist will perform a variety of duties in our Accounting Department including:
- Manage full cycle accounts payable.
- Process invoices for payment in order to maximize cash flow and discounts.
- Verify and audit all supporting documents for validity, accuracy and approval.
- Determine/review General ledger coding for accuracy/consistency
- Enter invoices accurately using 3 way match process.
- Process check runs including ACH Batches.
- Prepare journal entries for assigned bookkeeping entities.
- Review monthly vendor statements for past due invoices and reconciles vendor statements; account analysis and bank reconciliations.
- Update and maintain Vendor master and process new vendors.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Review and enter employee expense reports.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements monthly to insure accurate payment and charges.
- Prepare sale and use tax accrual calculation for monthly submissions and filing.
- Prepare percentage rent, occupancy expense and fixed asset reports.
- Prepare bank deposits, as needed.
- Maintains records for the office petty cash fund.
- Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Cross train in Accounting Department functions (Accounts Receivables, Auditing Records, Inventory Control).
- Support continuous improvement initiatives within the Department.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting
- 3+ years of related high-volume accounts payable experience (retail environment a plus)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Must be computer savvy – Quickbooks and Beanworks experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively and effectively communicate, including written and oral, and develop effective working relationships with all levels
Located in 10 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, Michaels Jewelers is one of Connecticut’s leading merchants of diamonds and fine jewelry. We are an AGS Accredited family owned jeweler whose tradition spans over five generations. Michaels is also the franchise owner of 11 Pandora stores located in CT/NY/NJ/NM/AZ. For over 130 years, the Michaels’ Family commitment has been to set the standard for retail excellence. For a listing of our locations and to learn more about us, please visit www.michaelsjewelers.com.
Honesty, Integrity and Fairness guide our approach in all matters - from delivering extraordinary customer service to offering a challenging and rewarding place to work. We have changed and adapted with the times but our message to our customers has always stayed the same - a trusted jeweler providing quality jewelry by a caring and knowledgeable staff.
What we offer…..
As part of the family of Michaels, Inc., you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages plus bonus
- Paid time off
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, 401K and Life Insurance
- Professional Training and Development
- Employee discount
- Opportunity for growth and development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)