Interim Accounting Manager (3-4 months duration)
A well established privately held client is seeking an Experienced, Confident and Well Rounded InterimAccounting Manager on a temp basis to fill in for 3-4 months.
The Interim Accounting Mgr is responsible for assisting the Assistant Corporate Controller in the accounting operations of the company, month end closing, financial statements, financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and completeness of all financial or disclosure documents, and ensure that reported results comply with U.S. GAAP.
Summary of Duties:
Managing Processes, Financial Reporting Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management.
- Provide strong financial leadership/analysis to enhance management problem solving, and decision-making to maximize long-term profitability.
- Oversee and coordinate monthly close process, and assist in ensuring that all accounting and processing is in accordance with established legal, regulatory and corporate procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary entities; including control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures
- Oversee preparation of interim and annual financial statements.
- Direct the development of timely, effective financial analysis (monthly as well as long term) of all facets of the Companys business operations and provide recommendations to key managers on areas of opportunity and operational direction.
- Prepare and issue timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments objectives
- Take a proactive approach in developing and communicating to key stake holders opportunities to improve Companys operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business information systems to improve Company business performance.
- Assess the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements; issue assessment of implications
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting and regulatory requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 7+ years of strong Corporate Accounting experience with a background in public accounting helpful
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a team environment
- Can lead the accounting team and build credibility with the senior executive team
- Adept in the management of change, with the ability to diagnose problems, build relationships internally and externally, set a leadership agenda, and implement solutions
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse operations, accounting and finance teams, foster positive and cooperative relationships within and outside the organization.
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Understands the ethical standards of a CPA
- Confidentiality on strategic business decisions
- Ability to handle payroll and maintain confidentiality that are associated with this responsibility
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order
- Exceptional work ethic
- Detailed, organized and communicative understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Successful track record of increasing responsibility in financial and accounting positions.