Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware System Electrical Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Hardware System Electrical Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with Silicon, Systems, Software and Technology teams to deliver high quality hardware systems and be responsible for hardware system validation and quality optimization by automation tools. This includes planning validation requirements from internal stakeholders, identifying technical risks and critical design parameters, developing and executing automation tools/fixtures at a large scale, analyzing data and then driving to solutions, focusing on system-level validation challenges.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead electrical engineering integration design quality, develop validation solutions and high-speed digital interfaces, including SI and protocols.
- Work with Lab Engineers or partners on compliance.
- Work with the Engineering Development team on system bring-up and design validation. Improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Support the team in debugging, troubleshooting and failure analysis.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Test Engineers on transitioning product to volume production.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with consumer product development processes for product design, validation and manufacturing.
- Experience with SoC architecture and electrical engineering system integration.
- Experience with lab equipments, including oscilloscope and protocol analyzers.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in electrical engineering design, validation and leadership.
- Experience with handheld consumer products, phone development or SoC.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: high-speed interface simulation and correlation, USB type C, CSI/DSI, UFS SI and protocols.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with well-focused attention to detail. Ability to execute own work with minimal supervision.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.