At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a full-time Guest Services Associate to greet guests, process admission sales transactions and provide a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
Position: Guest Services Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week; weekend, evening and holiday hours as necessary
Open: August 10, 2018
Close: Open until filled
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Create a welcoming, clean and presentable environment through exemplary customer service
- Maintain knowledge of all Museum programs and events
- Operate accurate admissions sales and member check-in for high volume front desk and Gift Shop operations
- Process membership sales, applications and data entry accurately into Altru point of sale and constituent database
- Actively promote and sell Museum memberships to reach revenue goals
- Complete daily opening and closing procedures
- Address customer service issues effectively
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Fluent English proficiency, writing and speaking skills required
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a direct, respectful and confident manner
- Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent customer service
- Clean, neat and professional appearance
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment
- Cash handling, cash register and point of sale experience
- Physical Requirements: Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours) in a fast-paced environment. This position also performs duties related to cleaning and organization, and will often be required to lift and move supplies and materials (up to 50 lbs.) Other physical and requirements of position may include, but are not limited to, walking, bending, stooping, crouching or reaching.
- Work Environment: The work environment is busy and fast-paced, and requires excellent organizational and time management skills. Job duties will often need to be completed within tight deadlines. Timely, clear and effective communication with both internal and external partners is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- United States (Preferred)