No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 151122 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities.The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
What you will do:
Perform varied administrative work applying judgment and in-depth knowledge of organization and policies/procedures supporting our Global Information Technology (GIT/IT) department.
Plan your own work with some supervision to address the business needs of multiple managers and their teams. Anticipate the needs of customers, demonstrate initiative, and add value to the department's activities. Take initiative to make changes in workflow and implement as needed.
Maintain confidentiality of data and disclosures.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Arrange domestic and international travel for simple and complex trips which may include several destinations
- Research information to support travel itineraries (such as directions to locations, restaurants, etc.)
- Independently prepare travel itineraries including all key contact names and numbers
- Prepare travel expense reports for principal managers with minimal supervision.
- Manage visa requests by sending all relevant information to secure required documentation one week prior to departure date
- Provide administrative and logistical support for onsite meetings to include meeting planning & logistical coordination with people from multiple locations and/or functions
- This can include managing catering/lunch voucher distribution, overseeing room set up, registering external visitors, and working with existing and new
- Frequently coordinate meetings with people from multiple locations for off-site meetings.
May be required to be physically present to provide administrative assistance at off-site meetings
- Troubleshoot equipment issues in conference rooms prior to and during any meetings
- Create and/or edit presentations including formats, layouts, and content with attention to details and minimal supervision
- Compose both routine and non-routine correspondence (e.g. minutes, announcements) with attention to details and minimal supervision
- Independently respond to and follow-ups on request for information based upon acquired knowledge of department, share information, and keep others informed within department
- Scan and share documents via Google Drive and other Google tools
- Update and distribute organization charts as needed
- Maintain Google Groups to be used as distributions lists
- Screen, prioritize, and/or direct mail for handling, archiving it appropriately.
- Flag and highlight important mail, taking action by forwarding it to the appropriate parties for resolution, and follow-up on pending mail.
Budget and Invoices:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the department budget and be mindful of budget constraints/availability
- Code and monitor budget expenses monthly and inform managers of discrepancies. Run SAP budget reports if necessary
- Create and/or process all invoices and purchase orders via procurement system in a timely fashion and troubleshoot any issues in a timely fashion
- Request new vendor creation within the procurement system
- Create & Manage all Purchase Orders (PO)s for the associated IT budgets
- Create, review and issue POs & ensure requestor is utilizing the correct budget codes
- Complete Goods Receipts for all invoices
- Meet with internal & external partners around Troubleshooting where necessary - examples include:
- Resolve POs & Invoice issues as needed:
- Raise tickets in the system,reject invoices, transfer POs, submit change order requests where needed, identify invoice issues –over invoicing,
- Goods Receipt/ Invoice Received discrepancies, security access requests, etc (Must follow through to resolution and inform internal and external partners of progress)
- Provide assistance in documenting departmental processes/ how to and cheat sheet instructional guides.
- Provide training on policies, coding, and best practices
- Coordinate floor plan updates under advisory from Human Resources and business leaders
- Order laptops for new hires & order other related computer equipment for their assigned groups
- Maintain email groups / Google groups
- Facilitate the return of department provided IT peripherals (printers, monitors, etc)
- Submit exit requests to have desks cleared for terminated employees
- Organize condolence and celebration gifts, as needed new hire gifts
- Maintain yearly calendar to include engagements, leaders’ travel and vacation, and key meetings
- High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Minimum three years of experience with previous executive / high level administrative support experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using Google Productivity Tools (gmail, sheets, docs, slides, google meet, etc) ; Concur expense management system; AMEX travel management system; as well as an aptitude to learn other programs as required
- Experience at a technology company and/or working with a technical team
- Adept at coordinating meetings using existing and new technologies
- Ability to interface with high level executives
- Proven project management skills
- Proven continuous improvement and documentation skills
- Ability to manage in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines if required
- Displays a sense of urgency
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multitask
- Analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Collaborative nature and team spirit
- Strong ability to prioritizes work demands
- Self-starter, works well without detailed supervision
We are a results oriented company with a caring culture and work life balance.
Apply with us! Come and join our amazing team!
Salary Range $58,000 - $76,125 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.