HME has been creating innovative products for the drive-thru and pro-audio industries since 1971. We were also voted one of San Diego’s best places to work!
From the very beginning, we've known these solutions would never have happened without the customer-focused people who make up our company. HME has a team environment with a culture of collaboration, learning, and growth. With subsidiaries located in California, Georgia, Missouri, Canada, UK and China, companies around the world depend on HME for clear, reliable communication solutions. From setting the standard for drive-thru headsets and timer systems in the quick service restaurant (QSR) industry to developing professional audio equipment used in the Olympic Games, HME strives to create the newest, most innovative products on the market while providing quality care and attention to its customers. Come join our team!
HME is currently looking for a Temporary, Senior Software Engineer
who develop and maintain the application and in-product software. The main engineering work-products are estimates, investigation reports, specifications, design documents, the actual source code, test harnesses and procedures, and test reports. Supports and sustains activities, within the Engineering team, in researching and experimenting with new technologies that are potentially adaptable to future product development. Secondary responsibilities include supporting Systems Engineering, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Operations, and customers.
What you will be doing:
· Autonomously plans, designs, implements, and tests products of high to very high complexity with biweekly to monthly supervision.
· Documents design from high-level block diagram down to specific implementation decisions.
· Validates design specifications, develops test equipment as necessary, and works with QA to develop test procedure.
· Leads projects internal and/or external to the R&D and/or software teams.
· Transfers standards, test specifications, verification methodologies, test harnesses and test reports created during design verification to Quality Assurance for regression.
· Develops and maintains engineering work products in accordance with the established product development process and the applicable project standards and methodologies.
· Participates in Development Process Improvement activities and leads and participates in Design and Code Reviews, both formal and agile forms (pairing etc.).
· Assists in maintaining the computer and lab infrastructure as required.
· Provides coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team.
· Maintains market awareness for products. Knows key competitors, key product features and applications.
· Maintains and increase know-how of current development technologies.
What you need to succeed in this position:
· Experienced with object-oriented analysis and design. Also familiar with structured, functional decomposition design methodologies.
· Proficient in design of automation script languages.
· Proficient in communication and writing skills with the ability to design in a group setting.
· Proficient in debugging software on either PC host platforms or embedded hardware using debuggers, emulators, etc.
· Proficient in touch-typing and in use of word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
· Familiar with design of network applications.
· Ability to reason and solve problems related to this position.
· 3+ years Related Experience
· BA or BS (college graduate) – Required
To be the industry leader it takes a group of talented individuals working together as one—individuals who love their work and do it with integrity
, consistently demonstrating a passion for excellence
, and ardently cultivating an innovation mindset
; that’s who we are. We are committed to quality and continuous improvement
to provide cutting-edge products and services to all our customers worldwide. Our customer care
extends beyond a 1-800-number. We work hard to earn our customers’ trust and aspire to build long-term relationships. There’s no stopping our drive to win
, our success starts from within. We value the competitive spirit and look for others with the same drive. Together we win. Come join our team!
HME is committed to building a company where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow, while making a real contribution to our product. Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance and 401K contributions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, work with computer equipment, machinery, or electrical tools, and use hands to handle or manipulate objects. The employee occasionally is required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Position requires frequent contact outside the department or company and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional loud noise. The employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts, work in outdoor weather conditions, or be at risk of electric shock.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
HME is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V