Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the accounting division which includes the Fiscal and Purchasing Sections.
- Responsible for the preparation of the agency’s monthly and year-end financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting variance reports, grant reporting and various special analyses.
- Provide status of financial condition to management by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting agency internal audits and assisting with external audits.
- Maintain accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, mentoring, and training employees. Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of ten (10) years of finance/accounting work experience. Qualified candidates must have a strong working knowledge of GAAP and GASB standards and have a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 10 years (Required)