United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Education Required Level:
Siemens is looking for an experienced manufacturing Human Resources Business Advisor in Pittsburg PA for two Siemens Large Drives plant locations located 20 miles east of downtown Pittsburgh in New Kensington PA.
As a trusted partner and member of the Operations leadership team, you will bring insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise to impact operational results. You will consult with and influence leaders to take actions on emerging people related topics; translate operational requirements while utilizing the full value chain of HR to derive relevant HR solutions meeting evolving requirements. In addition, you will play a key role in facilitating organizational culture change to drive ownership and high performance. You will report to the US Siemens Portfolio Companies HR Lead.
Understands Large Drives business strategy; ensures local HR activities support the location's business strategy and develops / aligns strategic HR solutions.
Consults with operational management while having the ability to ask questions, delivers clear and constructive feedback, proactively identifies and diagnoses opportunities, provides creative solutions in alignment with operational requirements, solicits and acts upon feedback and maintains a trusted advisor status. Connects business with experts across the HR value chain to develop new or leverage existing solutions. Guides the business on the appropriate HR programs, processes, and policies.
Employee & Labor Relations:
Acts as resource to managers and employees for employee relations issues, drives positive employee relations through development and consultation with organizational leadership.
Aligns change initiatives to support culture change in alignment to Operational strategies. Develops related change strategies, consults with leaders to obtain commitment of key stakeholders, supports change through communications and education.
Employee Engagement & Culture:
Keeps an overall pulse of the organization. Reviews Engagement Survey Results and other employee feedback with business leads and provides consultation on necessary action items. Maintains evolving understanding of employee engagement. Implements strategies for employee engagement, culture, and organizational capabilities aligned to business strategy.
Understands and cultivates diverse internal talent pipeline for operations through a variety of processes, includes:
- Consults with leaders on Performance Management actions for high performance culture.
- Partners with employees/managers in development planning enabling progression/bench strength.
- Drives identification of high-potential talent and intentional movement of talent.
Partners with managers and centralized recruiting resources to support the talent acquisition process to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline. Understands and helps cultivate strategic approach for operations to ensure critical talent requirements.
Understands how operations evaluates cost, productivity, etc.; translates this understanding to driving flexibility and capacity as an active part of the decision making process.
Ensures employee records are maintained appropriately at the location; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including FCC, EEO, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp, and OSHA, as well as legal requirements as they relate to payroll, benefits, and administrative policy compliance.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- BS/BA (required) in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- 8+ years of HR experience in related field with an emphasis on organizational interventions, talent management and employee relations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including positive employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
Skills & Abilities
- Operational orientation with strong solution results.
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- Proficient in various HR technologies (HRMS, Applicant Tracking, Performance Management, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: ability to translate complex information and deliver presentations to various audiences.
- Proven project management experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be organized and handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision and work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- 10% travel associated with this position.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.