Dudek is currently seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Acoustician to support our growing environmental acoustic practice. The Senior Environmental Acoustician will take the lead role in preparing noise and vibration studies for projects ranging from community land use plans, to transportation improvements, to commercial and residential developments in relation to Dudek’s Environmental Services Division.
This position can be based in our Oakland or Pasadena office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of noise and vibration studies for a range of projects
- Designing and leading field studies to measure and characterize existing noise and vibration conditions in project areas
- Conduct noise and vibration measurements to demonstrate compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, specifications, and ANSI guidelines
- Conduct detailed acoustic modeling and mitigation analyses using software such as CadnaA
- Responsible for preparing noise impact assessments in accordance with CEQA / NEPA requirements
- Communicate and explain technical concepts to clients, prepare and deliver presentations to clients or public agencies
- Attend hearings and provide expert witness testimony as required for project permitting
- Build relationships with external clients and actively market Dudek's acoustic services
- Participate in preparing proposals in pursuit of future project work opportunities
- Handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team
- Training and mentoring junior staff in the technical aspects of environmental noise and vibration impact assessment
Education and Essential Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Physics, Acoustics, Environmental Science, or related subjects
- 5+ years related experience and proven track record in acoustic consulting pursuant to the requirements of CEQA and NEPA
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience with transportation and construction-related noise and vibration analysis methodologies accepted by FHWA/FTA and advanced noise modeling software such as CadnaA
- Experience developing and using spreadsheet-based noise and vibration models
- Experience using equipment and accepted methods to measure sound and vibration
- Microsoft Office suite (MS Excel experience required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Strong quantitative and/or modeling skills a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Organized, detail oriented
- Service-oriented, motivated self-starter with sound business practices
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 400 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer