Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multidisciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patients where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our team members by offering a Total Rewards package including: Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
Provide nursing care to patients in their homes through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation. Provide home nursing care needs of assigned patients under the direction of an RN.
Properly comply with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner. Chart, audit and demonstrate compliance on frequency and timely admission of referral.
- Assess the acuity of the patient in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate by use of secure messaging to appropriate people (i.e., physician, case managers). Assure documentation is completed in the EMR at time of visit.
- Independently prioritize and complete routine assignments consistently, accurately and within the guidelines under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Complete patient care related activities within scheduled frequencies. Issue appropriate frequencies directed by physicians. Obtain daily schedule by use of syncing into EMR application.
- Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care measured by complete and accurate documentation in EMR application.
- Complete and update patient plan of care as needed/required. Assure documentation that reflects plan of care is appropriate and current.
- Teach patients and families based on identified health needs. Chart, audit and demonstrate documentation of teaching goals and plans. Ensure teaching is appropriate by working with primary nurse.
- Report patients' problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in clinical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient information and plant of care to primary nurse. Obtain physician's orders as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an LPN Program or equivalent
- Six (6) Months or More Experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.