Related Titles: Front Desk Agent; Desk Clerk
Reports to: Accounts Payable, Manager on Duty
Supervises: No supervisory duties included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, GED equivalent or higher required.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Able to operate the Point of Sale Systems
- Knowledge of procedures for making reservation, checking members, accepting and accounting for room and related payments.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office System
Assist members and guests in all front office-related areas in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner that maintains high standards of service and hospitality.
- Registers members and guests and assigns rooms; complies with special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and “blocking” of rooms for booking purposes.
- Follows proper credit, cash, checking and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Monitors room status information.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the club.
- Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
- Operates front-office equipment.
- Posts and files all charges to members’ and other accounts.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by members and guests.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Processes mail, packages and messages.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily; knows of daily activities and meetings taking place in the club.
- Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the Manager on Duty
- Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures and accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front-desk and lobby areas.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Accounts Payable.
- Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasional bending, stooping, lifting and pulling.
- Frequent sitting, walking and standing.
- Continuous repetitive actions.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour