The good stuff: This job contributes to helping kids walk and such. You will get to see first hand how the items you help get authorization for impact the lives of the patients who use them. It is a sleep at night /feel good about your work type job.
Candidates in Ashburn/Herndon/Sterling/Leesburg- within 5-10 miles of 20147 preferred.
Please write me a cover letter why you want this job/ why you think you’re a good fit.
This is a position with a six month probation period.This is not a seasonal job, we historically have had employees work for us for 10+ years. Looking for part-time employees- particular desire for people who can speak/read/write spanish.
Your availability must include two to three Saturdays a month ( we rotate working Saturdays/ or Fridays). You are offered a free company car pool to the work site in DC leaving from Ashburn, VA and returning to Ashburn, VA (when done/traffic etc..) on the days you work offsite at the Children’s Hospital location. Must be willing to work offsite in DC possible 3 days a week (Mon/Tues/Thurs), may vary and be less though.
General working hours for Part time are 30-33-ish hours a week:
IF working in DC(we rotate):
Mondays- , work start time is 7:30am - until all patients seen and clean up work areas- usually 6:30pm.
Tuesdays , work start time is 8:30am - until all patients seen and clean up work areas- usually 4:30pm.
Thursdays- , work start time is 8am - until all patients seen and clean up work areas- usually 5:30pm.
IF working in Ashburn (we rotate)
Mondays/Wednesdays/ Thursdays- 8:45am to 4:30pm
Tuesdays 8:45-3:30pm (you decide come late or leave early). (We close early on Tuesdays, so 3:30 is the usual closing time)
Saturday’s- (2-3 possible per month): work start time is 8:45am - until all patients seen and clean up work areas- usually 5-5:30pm
Typical schedule example (may vary):
Monday- in DC
Tuesday- off or in Ashburn
Thursday- in DC
Friday- off or in Ashburn
Saturday- off or in Ashburn
***This is not typically a type of job where you could work for us in the morning and then work somewhere else in the evening, this is more of a - on certain days we have you and on others they do type job***
Schedules will be given 2 or so months at a time, so you'll have plenty of notice for scheduling.
The essential functions and activities of this position surround all administrative aspects involved with the patient experience. Which include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling patients according to their needs and company scheduling standards.
- Coordinating with referral sources to collect necessary documentation to ensure our practitioners have the necessary information to deliver proper care to the patients i.e.- referrals, prescriptions, X-rays etc…
- Cultivating an environment where patients want to return and refer others.
- Welcoming and checking-in patients when they arrive for services.
- Data entry in Patient Management System, i.e. creating new patient accounts.
- Present and explain enrollment and financial responsibility documents with patients.
- Obtain signatures as evidence that we presented documents for regulatory compliance- specifically supplier standards and HIPPA documents.
- Obtain and record copies of insurance cards and photo identification in Patient Management System
- Receive and Input patient demographic data into the Patient Management System.
- Assist patient to the appropriate treatment room.
- Notify practitioners of arrival and document such in Patient Mgmt System.
- Obtain insurance authorizations, pre-approvals, etc… in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with others to ensure Authorizations are complete.
- Communicate results with others so additional processes can continue.
- Document findings in Patient Management System.
- Update fabrication tracking lists
- Document distribution of care and use guidelines for deliveries
- Verify that all items delivered have been “sent to bill” in the patient management system.
- Obtain and record monies due from Patients.
- Verify patients items are all accounted for and their locations, ready for delivery and are scheduled for an appropriate amount of time.
- Assist patients in signing up for programs and grants that assist them with financial responsibility.
- Remind patients of upcoming appointments.
- Ordering items, receiving items, gathering each patients items and putting them together for delivery to the patient.
- Facilitate communication between practitioners and vendors/ practitioners and patients.
- Maintain a clean, and orderly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (includes telephone) and written communication (including texts/email) skills.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Work with physically handicapped individuals and children.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment with ability to use them (fax, phones, copier, etc…)
- Understanding of Medical Reimbursement and basic medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of booking and accounts receivable principles
- Proficient in Windows based computer application as well as MS Office Suite, including Excell
- Ability and desire to learn and perform.
- Ability and desire to problem solve through critical thinking.
Required Credentials and Certifications
- High School Diploma with a Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related setting.
- Support company mission, vision and values
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all business and company related information
- Support Security and privacy principles specifically noted in HIPPA regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to exceed the reasonable expectations of all patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to function in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
- Accept responsibility for continuous quality improvement and cost management
- Comply with the company’s principles of communications
- Remain flexible in all aspects of work related actions
- Promote and adhere to al company policies and practices, including but not limited to Attendance, punctuality, safety, corporate compliance, code of ethical behaviors
- Accept direction from supervisors.
Paid breaks as long as you don't leave the office, up to 1 week paid sick leave, up to 2 weeks paid vacation, Some paid holidays.Once you are off the six months probation the expected pay rate is $17-19/hr. There is opportunity for advancement to a full time position if that position is open/unoccupied and your work product is satisfactory.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Insurance Authorization: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ashburn, VA 20147 (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
Overtime often available: