Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
The SG Lottery Marketing & Insights team’s focus is around combining primary research, analytics, and real world observations to create actionable insights for growth. Following this model, the Manager of Consumer Insights will work under the guidance of the Director of Consumer Insights to design, procure and manage primary research projects for internal and external customers. Candidates must be experienced in primary research such as focus groups, quantitative surveys and ethnography work. This is a great opportunity for someone who has mastered the role of research coordinator/analyst and has some experience in service as a project lead but wants to grow.
Principal Functions & Responsibilities:
This dynamic individual will work in our lottery headquarters in Alpharetta, Georgia and will be responsible for creating actionable, innovative analytics and information to drive decision-making for Scientific Games and our customers. He or she will collaborate across many areas of SG to determine the information needed and the appropriate research to be designed, procured and completed. Accurate findings from these types of projects will help drive business decisions.
Primary functions include:
• External Customer Research
o Manage contractual projects and track budget
o Coordinate and manage internal data collection activities to client specifications, on time and on budget.
o Proactively contact clients by phone and email to finalize project specifications and provide consultative updates throughout the project life cycle.
o Communicate with Account Lead to apprise of study status and any issues
o Ensure project design meets client needs by providing consultation to clients concerning research best practices
o Support existing account relationships to ensure they remain healthy, productive, profitable and mutually beneficial, with a goal of securing repeat business and achievement of targeted revenues
o Contribute to RFP responses for business development
• Internal Customer Research
o Same as above, except supporting internal SG customers, including product development efforts
• Explore innovative research techniques
o Advance SG’s leadership position in the industry by bringing to market new and innovative approaches to data collection and research
Skills, Training, Experience Required:
• 2-5 years professional experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Market Research, or a related field
• Experience with survey design and statistics essential
• Experience with SPSS and/or other statistical analysis packages required
• Experience with online survey tool programming and reporting, desirable
• Experience with online consumer panels/communities a plus
• Experience managing third-party market research providers
• Familiarity with primary segmentation research, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior analytical reasoning, oral and written communication skills
• Experience with primary research such as focus groups, surveys and in-field data gathering
• Must be comfortable balancing needs of the company and the customer
• Must be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Must be resourceful, persistent and not afraid to ask questions
• Must be comfortable with working with clients of all different levels
• Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational skills
• An ability to absorb large amounts of information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
• Reacts to change productively and displays a solutions driven approach
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.