Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Reports to: Grant Compliance Manager
Education Requirement: High School Diploma
Position is: Non-exempt, 38 hours per week
This position performs data entry, analysis, and reporting in the CiviCore and Homeless Management Information System
(HMIS) for Families Forward programs. This position prepares monthly Data Quality reports for all housing and homeless prevention programs as requested by Grant Compliance Manager. Under the supervision of the Grant Compliance Manager, this position works with program staff to develop processes to ensure the timely, high quality, and streamlined collection of program data. This position is an active member of the Data and Compliance team and supports all data and compliance functions, including audit, monitoring, and process and program evaluation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Rapid Rehousing Data Entry, Quality, and Reporting (45%)
▪ Review check list for Client Packet completeness and quality standards and audit during initial family visit, communicating missing items to Case Management.
▪ Verify that proof documentation match information client supplied on agency forms.
▪ Generate additional required documents such as income calculation worksheets, income category classification,
HMIS reports, and homeless certification as needed.
▪ Process client files, reviewing data for inconsistencies and errors using standard data entry procedures.
▪ Enter program data on a timely basis with responsibility to verify, correct, delete data, or combine data from several sources, proactively request additional information for mandatory documents that are incomplete.
▪ Communicate with Case Management on ongoing file completion, quality, and timeliness. Flag mistakes, unanswered questions, and inconsistent information for CM to follow up with family.
▪ Maintain a detailed process with staff for delivery of intakes, entries and exits, and annual assessments.
▪ Store completed document packets securely in designated locations.
Request for Services and Housing Navigation Data Entry, Quality, and Reporting (30%)
- Responsible for data entry and exits of all Housing Resource Specialists’ clients, including Affordable Housing.
- Enter all Requests for Services (RFS) enrollments in CiviCore and triage to P&D and Housing Intake.
- Support Counseling and Career Services data entry and reporting.
System administration and quality (20%)
▪ Strictly adheres to HMIS and Agency confidentiality guidelines.
▪ Maintain current and ongoing expertise regarding HMIS data standards and support the implementation of these data standards for HUD funded programs.
▪ Follow strict HUD and County guidelines on quality, timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
▪ Makes data corrections based on monthly quality data reports provided by Grant Compliance Manager.
▪ Assist in completing reports for grants, evaluation, and compliance, as needed.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
▪ Attend program, department, and agency meetings, as required.
▪ Other program duties as assigned.
▪ Experience working with databases including data entry and reporting.
▪ Knowledge of HMIS system and CiviCore preferred.
▪ Must be analytical, highly detailed, deadline driven, and able to enter data with speed and accuracy.
▪ Strong critical thinking, organizational, and communication skills.
▪ Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
▪ Must be results driven with strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and customer database systems).
▪ Maintain valid California Driver’s License and State Mandated Auto Insurance.
▪ Able to take direction, work independently, and proactively.
▪ Ability to be flexible, supportive, and to work cooperatively with co-workers.
▪ Able to maintain confidentiality of client and organizational information.
Pay rate: $22-25 per hour, depending on experience
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irvine, CA 92618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person