Our team members enjoy competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
Paid time off
401(k) with company match
Company-paid life insurance
12 hour shifts = more days off
Opportunities to advance
And much, much more!
Reports to the facility administrator. Directly supervises the chief of security, client data coordinator, academic instructor, life skills instructor, education and treatment clerk and laundry supervisor. Responsible for the education, laundry, records, and security departments to include oversight of clients in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend department and personnel changes to the facility administrator.
3. Assist the facility administrator in the preparation of the facility budget; monitor and control expenditures. Oversee assigned departmental budgets ensuring departments operate efficiently and within budget.
4. Assist in development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting security. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
5. Exercise overall supervision of security officers and clients; protect, instruct train, counsel and evaluate employees and clients.
6. Schedule employees and provide scheduling for clients’ work and off-duty time.
7. Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
8. Provide security and oversight for clients. Supervise the observation of clients.
9. Responsible for oversight of laundry department and client data management services.
10. Required to respond to emergencies at the facility twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days a week and to respond to TCCO inquiries.
11. Read, review, and properly apply information found in client records related to the clients’ health and safety, and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
12. Regular and predictable attendance is required
13. Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
14. Act as administrator on-call on a rotating basis as designated by the facility administrator.
15. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
16. Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Four (4) years security experience, two (2) of which may be in a supervisory capacity required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by the regional vice president, corrections. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by the management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must maintain TCCO security clearance.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran