Distinguished Engineer - Software Development-180038116
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
We are seeking an exceptional hands-on technical leader with a proven track record to join the U.S. Bank Digital Innovation team. This team is responsible for advancing the applied use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at U.S. Bank, defining the AI strategy and showcasing the potential for AI through early-stage solutions (e.g. “art of the possible”) as well as supporting major enterprise-wide AI/ML initiatives.
Partnering closely with data scientists, and AI engineers you will take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make a significant impact to millions of users by building groundbreaking solutions that leverage the bank’s unique data assets at massive scale across U.S. Bank lines of business. Work alongside digital and innovation leadership teams in a newly renovated office space downtown (if based in Minneapolis).
Distinguished Engineers are recognized as experts in one or more domains within U.S. Bank and across the industry. They represent the senior technical experts within the organization and have a strong track record of growing and influencing others.
As a Distinguished Engineer (DE), you will be responsible helping to shape the go-forward technology strategy of the organization; working with senior leaders, vendors, and partners to influence business and technology roadmaps and maximize impact of AI across the enterprise.
You will lead the strategy and development of new applied R&D initiatives focused on AI/ML. The ideal candidate will provide hands-on full-stack development, moving projects from proofs of concept and pilot to handoff for scale and commercialization to internal partners.
In addition, you will teach, mentor, and grow other domain experts within the organization. Distinguished Engineers will connect teams to one another in a spirit of collaboration and will champion opportunities to make teams more efficient. This is an executive-level individual contributor role requiring excellent acumen in using technical prowess and ingenuity when representing U.S. Bank’s technological capabilities in internal and external forums.
The ideal candidate will have previously served in a technical leadership capacity. He/She will play a diverse and far-reaching role in the organization, providing leadership and influencing adoption of technical solutions, strategies and design patterns across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer with degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Ability to develop and debug in Python, Scala, Java, C or C++. Proficient in git version control.
- Experience with big data architecture and distributed computing tools (e.g. Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Proven track records of designing and building the future of technology systems, not just maintaining the status quo
- Demonstrated experience providing the technical vision to teams resulting in innovation and execution including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- 5+ years of experience working with one or more UI frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, React, Vue, or Ember
- 5+ years of experience working with service oriented architecture using REST and SOAP APIs
- Contributions that have advanced the field such as open source contributions, publications, or presentations at major conferences
- Knowledge of NLP, Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts
- 3+ years of experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases in distributed environments
- Familiarity with big-data technologies such as Maven, Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.
- Experience in building/using large scale knowledge graphs (including Linked Data) and ontologies (RDF(S)/OWL, SPARQL)
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced startup or R&D environment
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems, and serverless architecture
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Familiarity with Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations Pennsylvania-PA-Philadelphia, CA-CA-San Francisco, Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40