Full Job Description
Cargill Risk Management, a business unit of Cargill is a pioneer and leader in providing risk management solutions. At its core, our business is about working with customers to understand their commodity exposure and structure risk management (over-the-counter) products to meet their needs. Headquartered in Hopkins, Minnesota, Cargill Risk Management has offices in 11 countries.
Cargill Risk Management seeks to hire a Document Analyst, who will support Cargill Risk Management’s Sales, Credit, Legal, Onboarding, and Compliance teams. This position will demonstrate an in-depth understanding in the area of trade agreements and other related contracts/documentation in order to identify and manage key documentation issues for CRM. This position is responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating various trade agreements and other related contracts, including ISDA master agreements, related to CRM’s over-the-counter swaps business. This role will have primary responsibility for master trade agreements and secondary responsibility for ISDA master agreements. This is a global role that will require understanding of various legal and regulatory rules in the jurisdictions where CRM conducts its business.
Primary accountabilities include:
1) Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various trade agreements, commercial contracts and related documents and annexures with customers, brokers, and other third-party providers; including editing/drafting and negotiation terms and conditions in conformance to Cargill standard terms and conditions.
2) Working with the onboarding team in preparing, distributing and maintaining onboarding documents, ensuring that internal controls are met, documents are properly prepared, and records maintained.
This position will work closely with the onboarding, legal and compliance groups and will involve interactions with commercial, finance, and administrative personnel. This is a hybrid Paralegal and Analyst role residing within the onboarding (operations) team.
Successful candidates will have excellent contracting skills and experience, and a strong orientation toward collaboration, process and continuous improvement.
50% Negotiation, Execution, and Administration of Trade Agreements and Related Documentation
- Manage, draft, review, and negotiate trade agreements, commercial contracts, and related non-transactional documentation under direction of the Lead ISDA Negotiator or other resources as appropriate. Documents will include credit support annexure, amendments, novation, and assignment agreements to be executed in compliance with established policies, processes, procedures and documentation standards. This includes complex derivative products covering different counterparty types in various jurisdictions.
- Develop, manage, and leverage systems for workflow management, tracking and communicating status of matters in alignment with business priorities
- Apply skills and experience to design, develop and modify forms, templates, and processes for reviewing and drafting various customer and business contracts, and tracking matters and trends
- Administrate archive of master agreement templates and maintain accurate documentation records on electronic platforms and shared directories
- Collaborate with, and back up, colleagues to present consistent approach on agreements
40% Preparation, Distribution, and Management of Customer On-Boarding Documentation
- Assist On-boarding team in the preparation and distribution of customer onboarding documentation including customer follow-up follow-up as needed
- Provide input for and support implementation of process improvements that improve efficiency and accuracy of the customer on-boarding process
10% Additional Responsibilities
- Assist with special projects as required
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as requested
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements, including risk assessment.
- Experience with contracting process, with the ability to spot key legal and commercial issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; able to control the flow of documents in all processes efficiently.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, and be an integral part of a cooperative-team effort.
- Attention to detail and ability to deal effectively with conflict and ambiguity.
- Ability to document and improve processes/controls.
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem solving skills and ability to make both timely and informed decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of professionalism.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing demands.
- Experience with complex master agreements and other trade agreements, including ISDA master agreements.
- Experience with derivatives, futures, and/or commodity markets.
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations US-TX-Houston, US-FL-Miami
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job