We are seeking a software engineer to join our ItemSense team to help us build the next generation RAIN RFID platform.
It’s an exciting time to be at Impinj. Our vision is to provide a Digital Life for Everyday Items with our market-leading RAIN RFID platform. Our platform consists of both hardware and software. In the hardware space, we make tags (tiny chips and antennas that allow items to be tracked) and readers. Our software ranges from reader firmware to ItemSense, an enterprise-scale platform for reader management and data processing. ItemSense manages all the readers in a RAIN RFID infrastructure and it processes the raw tag data sent to it by readers to produce accurate, actionable, real-time insights on the state of tagged items.
What you will do
From brainstorming and initial design all the way to final implementation and testing, you will contribute to all aspects of developing new features for ItemSense.
As you ramp up on our codebase of Dockerized Java web services, you will learn about RAIN RFID from the experts. You will participate in the team’s highly collaborative culture as you develop new and improve existing protocols, APIs, and algorithms for real-time device management and data processing. Meanwhile, you will engage closely with our testing team to contribute to our comprehensive suite of automated unit and functional tests. Finally, you will help improve on our build, release, and deployment collateral to achieve the best experience for developers and customers alike.
What you’ll need to be considered for this role
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience developing software in an object-oriented language such as Java (preferred), C# or C++.
- A deep understanding of CS fundamentals and an ability to demonstrate it.
- A collaborative, respectful, and inquisitive communication style, both written and verbal.
- Passionate curiosity for new technologies.
- Crafting RESTful web services excites you.
- Understanding of inversion-of-control, especially with Java frameworks such as Spring, Guice or Dropwizard.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization, familiarity with Git, or proficiency with bash/sh scripting.
- Experience with embedded systems, IoT, or RF.
Benefits of Working at Impinj
- A team of exceptionally capable colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to Ember.js web interfaces.
- Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated.
- Open Q&A session with our executive team bi-weekly.
- A host of snacks to keep you energized throughout the day.
- An open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work/life balance.
- Beautiful new offices in South Lake Union with views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, all from our roof top deck.
- Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all backgrounds and walks of life.