Job Title: Receptionist
Supervisor: Manager, Administration and Executive Support
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Status: Seasonal: September – May (8-month engagement)
The Receptionist is primarily responsible to serve as the first point of contact to AFMDA-FL telephone callers and office visitors. S/he will receive and route incoming calls, provide general information and assistance to the public, coordinate incoming and outgoing mail. Assist with basic office support such as stuffing and labeling envelopes.
Essential Job Functions:
· Receive and route incoming calls and take messages when appropriate.
· Welcome all visitors and notify appropriate staff of their arrival.
· Receive incoming mail and route to appropriate staff including express mail and courier packages. Coordinate outgoing mail.
· Organize hard-copy event RSVPs accordingly.
· Help with mailing projects such as event invitations.
· Perform routine office support functions, including opening and editing Word documents, and filing hard copy and digitally.
· Assist with office activities as needed.
· Other related duties as required
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum of High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; and
· A minimum of 1-3 years administrative and/or receptionist work experience.
· Must demonstrate a pleasant professional demeanor at all times with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and courteously with all customers, clients, guests and staff;
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment;
· Ability to use multi-line telephone system;
· Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills;
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook;
Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail;
Ability to maintain professional composure during all times in a fast-paced environment; and
Ability to preserve confidentiality of information and work with a minimum of direction.
AFMDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFMDA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift