Large cannabis growing and production facility is currently looking to hire personnel to assist in the production of our line of cannabis infused products. Ideal candidates will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious cannabis-infused creations. This position requires an individual to be familiar with, and to have worked in, commercial kitchens. As part of the team, the qualified individual will be responsible for meeting production and packaging goals, exceeding quality control standards and working effectively as a member of the Qualcan team.
- Assist in the preparation of a wide variety of goods such as candies, mints, chocolates etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Abide by regulations specific to the cannabis industry in the state of Nevada.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and establishment requirements.
- 1+ years of commercial kitchen experience required (wholesale food production experience preferred) with experience managing others.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor in high-stress and a continuously, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required licensing at time of hire and submit personal information for licensing and fingerprinting.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health Card and Marijuana Agent Card (Required)