Position: ASW, AMFT, APCC Trainee
Reports to: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Status: Volunteer (non-paid)
Revised Date: November 22, 2019
Responsibility Summary: ASW, AMFT, APCC Trainee will complete thorough clinical assessments and provide evidence-based treatment to children, adults, couples, and families as assigned by their clinical supervisor. Trainee will also facilitate psycho-educational groups and/or support groups.
- Conduct clinical assessments to determine appropriate treatment options.
- Provide individual, couples and family therapy, integrating evidence-based treatment models and techniques.
- Co-facilitate psycho-educational, therapy and/or support groups.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision.
- Provide community resources to clients as needed.
- Participate in local networking and training opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Relationships: The trainee works closely with their clinical supervisor, other agency clinicians, and community partners as appropriate.
- ASW, AMFT, APCC in good standing with the CA BBS
- Interested in developing their clinical skills.
- Flexible, motivated, and takes initiative.
- Individuals who have previous experience working in a therapeutic or case management setting.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
Job Type: Internship
- ASW, AMFT, APCC (Required)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance