- High School Diploma or GED
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Military Experience
- Microsoft Office
Unfortunately, we do not have any current openings that match your search criteria. However, we are accepting applications of qualified and experienced Language Instructors in various languages for general consideration.
Language Instructors shall provide basic, intermediate and advanced language instruction to U.S. government students. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing new course materials, developing and implementing curriculum, and assisting with the evaluation of students and academic counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and present complex language training materials and programs for Government customers throughout the United States.
- Test trainees to measure learning progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training presentations
- Conduct training programs on complex language and area studies topics
- Provide guidance to junior instructors utilizing strong technical and training skills
Minimum of a High School Diploma or undergraduate level education in the target language, teaching methodology or a related field is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Native or near-native proficiency in the target language and a working proficiency in English to effectively explain complex syntactic structures of the target language
- Fully knowledgeable of the target culture and current usage of the target language.
- Familiar with the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Proficiency Levels and how they relate to proficiency-based instruction
- Familiar with the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT)
- Competent in task-based methodology, utilizing communicative activities
- Competent in locating suitable authentic materials and experience in developing proficiency-based training with integrated activities using such materials as newspaper articles or radio broadcasts
- Combined experience in language education and methodology, preferably in the instruction of adult students
- Combined experience developing and/or delivering language courses for both platform and/or e-learning delivery from refresher through advanced levels, focusing on translation, grammar, oral comprehension, reading comprehension, and non-standard language usage
- Experience developing Web-based, instructionally sound student materials, using Web development tools such as Macromedia products (Dreamweaver)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Combined experience preparing and presenting language platform instruction to Military/Government students
Permanent Residency required. U.S. Citizenship may be required to be considered for certain positions.
TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI and CI Polygraph may be required to be considered for certain positions.