Bring your passion for a system transformation as we embark on a new process for AHCCCS Complete Care!
You will be part of an evolving program on the forefront of the AHCCCS complete care transformation which includes
a redesign of the systems of care for both children and adults. Banner University Health Plans, located in Tucson and Mesa, is proud
to be part of this change! We take pride in our services to the community and find helping our members reach the full capacity of their
physical and behavioral help our top priority!
This is a senior level position that will be working closely with the Complete Care Management team providing guidance and consultation related to specific member needs.
To be considered for this role:
Must be Licensed in Arizona in some capacity as a health care provider.
Behavioral Health and Health plan industry experience with children and the adult role wilth adults, or strong competence
in health plans; RN, Social worker, therapist, ect.
Highly driven in a team work enviornment; strong communication and leadership skills; managing people representing
leadership interacting with multiple AHCCCS staff, and network providers.
This position can be based either in Mesa or Tucson locations:
Banner Mesa Corp
550 W. Brown
2701 E Elvira
Tucson, AZ 85756
About University Physicians Health Plans
The University of Arizona Health Plans (UAHP) manage a variety of health plans. Our mission is to advance health and wellness through education, research and patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
The Childrens Healthcare Administrator works within the Banner University Health Plan Complete Care program and is responsible for oversight of physical, behavioral health, and integrated programs for members birth through 20 years of age and reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer. The Childrens Healthcare Administrator shall oversee the childrens integrated healthcare service delivery system.
- Ensure coordination of needed crisis services.
- Address barriers to delivery of healthcare services.
- Ensure coordination of care with system stakeholders and engage in substantial community and provider outreach.
- Participate in Neighborhood Network Advisory Committees.
- Collaboratively develop, track, and report on key outcome indicators and other regulatory deliverables related to childrens healthcare. Work with Neighborhood Networks and the Quality Management department to develop and implement fidelity monitoring mechanisms for various evidence-based practices related to the delivery of effective whole person care for children and their families. Work with the Innovation and Collaborative Care team to ensure that Value Based Purchasing mechanisms include a focus on appropriate key infrastructure, process, and outcome measures.
- Work with Neighborhood Networks to identify and respond to community health needs while developing and implementing strategies that positively impact social determinants of health. This includes developing effective interventions and programs to respond to the need of special populations including members with special healthcare needs and/or chronic health conditions, partnership with Centers of Excellence, and the development of incubators to drive innovations especially related to children and families that are DCS involved, children with a qualifying Childrens Rehabilitative Services diagnosis, autism spectrum disorder services for children and their families, juvenile justice involved children, and children whose parents are justice involved.
- Work closely with the Complete Care Management team to provide guidance and consultation related to specific member needs.
Located in Arizona. Arizona-licensed health care professional, such as an RN, MSW or Licensed Therapist/Counselor in good standing, with expertise in the childrens physical and behavioral healthcare systems. 5 years of case management, clinical management, or medical management experience. 2-3 years of management experience. Experience in case/care, utilization, or quality management leadership role. ). Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational abilities. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by speaking, reading and writing. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Experience in Arizona Medicaid environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.