ROMTech is a four-year-old medical technology company that has created and patented two revolutionary orthopedic rehabilitation devices. We have been well-funded, having raised $ 28.6 million to date and are currently planning for a public offering in the near future.
We are now looking for a Hardware Development Manager/Engineer to work full-time out of our facility in Brookfield, CT. This individual will be responsible for hands on managing the progress of the development of new products and upgrades to existing products with in-house resources and outside design firms. Please note that Relocation Assistance will be available to qualified candidates.
-Working with sales & & marketing and research personnel to generate system specifications.
-Managing breadboard and prototype system assembly and test.
-Assisting with the design of system schematics, isolation diagrams, system test procedures,
technical file generation and safety approvals.
-Managing the product transfer to the contract manufacturer for production.
-Generating design validation test procedures.
-Ensuring projects are designed according to the company's design control procedure.
-Ensuring that new and existing products comply with all UL and CE safety requirements.
- BSEE plus 10 years experience working in a design environment with at least 3 years experience in managing new product development.
- Knowledge of UL and CE safety and RFI requirements.
- Experience with a schematic drafting program
- Medical product experience is a plus.
- Excellent decision making and personnel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks to get the project completed on time.
- Ability to work well independently and within groups.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
Please respond to this ad with your cover letter and resume to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time