Duties & Responsibilities :
Under general supervision, performs a variety of general secretarial, clerical, and administrative support functions/processes or a few specialized or essential clerical functions in support of a unit or office and related personnel. May enter data and/or process documents and records. The work includes operating standard office equipment. Work is performed under the general supervision of a clerical or administrative supervisor. Completes tasks and assignments associated with administrative support functions (ie, licensure, personnel, purchasing, records management, inventory, or similar function). Provides clerical support such as incidental typing, filing, ordering supplies, and sorting mail. Provides clerical support within assigned functional area (ie processing/transactions, review of applications, scheduling training, scheduling facilities maintenance, reconciling financial records, assessing/collecting fees for a program, generating rep. Provides general clerical support to an office, to include such tasks as data entry/maintenance, copying/distributing documents and materials, maintaining record-keeping and filing systems, etc. Provides secretarial and administrative support to an upper-level manager. Uses independent judgment and initiative to perform administrative, clerical and secretarial duties in support of an individual employee or group of employees.
This position is subject to a background check which may include, criminal history, employment history, references and social media
Minimum Qualifications :
High School diploma or GED AND Two years of general office or administrative experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possesses two or more of the following:
1. Two or more years of experience in administrative or secretarial support.
2. Two or more years of experience using MS Word, and Excel. JTS experience a plus.
3. One or more years of experience in accounting and/or personnel functions.
4. One or more years of experience in preparing budgets and financial reports.
1. This announcement may close prior to the closing date without further notice, once a satisfactory pool of applicants has been identified.
2. Due to high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
3. Applicants selected for hire will be subject to fingerprinting, a criminal history and motor vehicle background check and, if applicable, must take and pass a pre-employment drug test.