Project Manager - MMIS (MDW)
SSG is looking for a proactive professional with great communication skills to support the Department of Vermont Health Access (DVHA) for Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS).
As a high energy health information technology consulting company, Strategic Solutions Group (SSG) focuses on providing value-driven solutions that positively impact the health and well-being of our nation. We combine expertise in project management, business analysis and information technology to provide superior business consulting services and software products to our customers in the fields of public health, education, healthcare, and public safety.
Our key to success is a team of smart, dedicated people with integrity. Our team members have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and we value people who can get the job done, individually and as a part of teams. We love meeting smart people and look forward to hearing from you.
The individual selected will serve as the state project manager responsible for the Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) project.
This role provides expert consultation with the vendor, CMS, staff, management, and executive leadership to provide data warehouse project management.
_ Required Skills and Attributes _
- Experience with Health Insurance and/or Medicaid data, ability to analyze and understand large datasets using standard SQL and/or other tools, strong analytical skills and:
- Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Ability to work well with business users to understand requirements
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate those needs affectively to the Data Warehouse development staff
- Experience with SQL and relational database query
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Experience working in Medicaid IT projects
- Ability to independently query transactional and Data Warehouse databases
- Experience in training business users on Cognos or other BI tool-based reporting
- Experience with data quality and remediation, data flows and mapping, or comparable experience (system or Data conversions, for example)
- Knowledge of Healthcare EDI formats such as 837 and NCPDP
- Understanding of companion and implementation guides of Health care EDI formats
- 5 years of information technology project leadership experience
- 5 years of project leadership experience administering or supervising staff performing work in any of these information technology disciplines.
- Experience in an agile/hybrid setting
- Excellent writing and communication skills
This engagement will last approximately twelve months or longer with the possibility of extension.
SSG is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Contract
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)