Carbon is looking for a proven, energetic doer and leader with a passion for storytelling, thought leadership, media relations, and analyst relations to join the marketing team and bring our story to the world. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives as a member of a tightly coordinated team, is comfortable moving between ambiguity and clarity, and views marketing and communications as an idea-led activity.
- Work with marketing team and broader company stakeholders to set PR, analyst, and messaging strategy for the company. Develop the key themes and stories that will drive Marketing, PR, Analyst and Corporate communications priorities.
- Working with the CEO and VP Marketing, refine and develop the strategic narrative for the company, including category messaging; as well as thought leadership platform strategy and execution
- Lead media outreach, working directly with agency partners and company executive team on media strategy and execution; provide media strategy and guidance to all marketing initiatives
- Own analyst outreach strategy, developing plans and programs to drive a vibrant analyst platform
- Lead thought leadership, PR and analyst events and execution
- Develop and lead our executive speaker program
- Manage our PR agency partners and external media resources globally
- Lead the management of “breaking news” related to our work and ventures
- Collaborate with the marketing team on social media strategy and initiatives
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of media roles, either agency-based or in-house. B2B Experience required. Experience in technology domains required. Has experience working in a dynamic, creative environment with people that encompass a range of skills and experiences. Is comfortable working with ambiguity
- Has experience dealing with business media and managing PR agencies
- Has a wide range of media and analyst contacts, and experience building long-term relationships within the press or analysts.
- Has deep familiarity with social media and web-based channels as marketing tools
- Has excellent writing skills and is an articulate, accurate, and timely communicator
- Able to build and sustain momentum, and has an ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details
- Has a passion for storytelling, marketing, design and, above all, media & analyst relations.