This position is responsible for the daily operations of the property including: planning exciting resident activities to create a warm community environment; supervising on-site maintenance staff and projects to preserve the property in a beautiful condition always; retaining resident files and conducting income certifications per program guidelines; maintaining resident relations in compliance with Occupancy and Fair Housing guidelines; reviewing monthly financial reports and preparing annual budgets; and marketing and leasing vacancies to maintain the highest physical and economical occupancy rate.
All employees are expected to implement THF’s goal which is to promote adequate, affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment for the families we serve, without discrimination.
ADMINISTRATIVE / OPERATIONS (10%)
- Perform clerical duties including answering phones, filing, mail administration, application distribution, respond to general inquiries, etc. Return phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Collect, log and process rent per THF policy.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organized system as outlined by THF policy for accurate record keeping (physical and electronic) including resident files, marketing information, maintenance records, purchasing, inspections, general correspondence and budget logs.
- Monitor all federal, state, county and city agencies and notify the Property Supervisor of any ordinances affecting the property or neighborhood.
- Adhere to fair housing laws, confidentiality, occupancy guidelines and enforce training and execution from all staff.
- Inform and report resident relations, correspondence and calls concerning resident issues to the Regional Supervisor.
- Enforce resident compliance of House and Ground rules and maintain documentation for evictions.
- Maintain the property’s binder containing current relevant information per THF policy (e.g. one-sheet, insurance documents, permits, property map, parking information, resident units and phone numbers. etc.).
- Maintain a secure and accurate system for property key control.
- Train and coordinate schedule of site personnel to appropriately prepare for after-hours emergencies.
- Complete and submit all required administrative reports accurately and on-time as required by THF policy.
- Supervise, train, motivate and interact effectively with on-site staff.
- Evaluate and recommend coaching, counseling of on-site staff on a regular basis.
- Comprehensively read and adhere to all property regulatory agreements.
- Comply with all applicable government and funding agencies rules and regulations (i.e. HUD, HTC, TCAP, HOME) and ensure the compliance of the property and resident files.
- Move-in residents and maintain the files in accordance with THF checklists and file finishing procedures using current forms available on the THF Intranet or as distributed by Compliance department.
- Complete re-certifications in a timely manner, and in accordance with property program and THF requirements.
- Prepare and respond to all internal and external auditors by required deadlines.
- Conduct internal audits on a regular basis.
- Submit deposit accounting and maintain accurate ledgers/deposit accounting records for Accounts Payable and Account Receivables.
- Process invoices in a timely manner and actively pursue delinquent accounts in accordance with THF policy and procedures.
- Review spending and recommend cost-cutting measures to decrease spending and increase efficiency while maintaining THF quality to Regional Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Approve property expenditures up to $500. Obtain required approval for expenses over this amount from the Regional Supervisor.
- Obtain a minimum of three (3) bids for projects over $10,000 to submit to Regional Supervisor for approval.
- Review annual rent increases with Regional Supervisor.
- Implement rent increases in accordance with THF policy and procedures.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget including planning throughout the fiscal year.
- Review monthly cash flow and know budget performance always.
PHYSICAL / MAINTENANCE (10%)
- Oversee the maintenance and landscaping of the community including property, grounds, and surrounding areas so that it is maintained at THF standards always.
- Supervise maintenance staff and ensure maintenance requests are completed per THF standards and policies.
- Supervise, coordinate, and recommend vendors including ongoing landscape and janitorial crews.
- Conduct weekly property walks with maintenance technician and communicate regularly to ensure property standards are met.
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedules and work order logs and inform the Regional Supervisor or deferred maintenance.
- Coordinate unit-turns and both interior and exterior inspections in accordance with THF standards and policies.
- Conduct annual unit inspections with the maintenance staff.
- Locate the building systems (gas, electric, sewer, water, shut offs) and perform minor maintenance tasks of the property as necessary.
- Comply with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), Section 504 (FHAA), and other applicable regulations.
- Follow safe procedures and conduct safety inspections in accordance with THF’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) and OSHA.
- Follow and enforce safety procedures and report health and safety violations and incidents immediately to Regional Supervisor with a plan of action for correction.
- Create, maintain, and implement Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Maintain the highest physical and economic occupancy possible at all times.
- Rent units in accordance with the property’s Affirmative Fair Housing Market Plan (AFHMP) and other marketing plans as applicable.
- Manage waitlist communication and process applicants in advance in accordance with property goals and THF policy and regulatory requirements.
- Approve residents using the Tenant Selection Plan or Resident Screening Criteria and update when needed with Regional Supervisor Approval
- Prepare market survey reports, marketing plans and resident profiles as requested by the Regional Supervisor.
- Coordinate and assist in the development of advertisements for print and social media. Obtain approval for marketing materials by Regional Supervisor or other members of the management team.
- Market your property to maintain the highest physical and economic occupancy possible always.
- Collect rent and issue monthly statements and hold events for the complex.
- Coordinate tenant improvements and respond to maintenance requests.
RESIDENT AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS (15%)
- Establish a sense of community and maintain positive resident relations.
- Address resident concerns and conflicts and communicate with respect, warmth, and in accordance with THF philosophy.
- Document and report social service concerns about residents to the Regional Supervisor and Resident Services Department.
- Promote, coordinate, and monitor resident programs and services in accordance with THF and regulatory standards to have a high level of participation.
- Maintain resident activity records including compliance contracts, newsletters, flyers and sign-up sheets.
- Create and maintain a resource binder for residents containing flyers and local resources.
- Network, establish and build relationships with local community leaders and organizations to strengthen political relationships. Know your local Council members and attend political events as appropriate.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT (10%)
- Implement THF’s philosophy and mission in daily work.
- Attend required trainings and establish goals with Regional Supervisor.
- Take interest and endeavor to continually grow and develop both personally, and professionally.
- Use correct grammar and professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Take initiative and be proactive in creating a more efficient and effective work flow and to recommend improvements and changes at the property.
- Continually train and develop the on-site staff in property management, provide the opportunity for growth and additional responsibilities, and communicate training needs to the Regional Supervisor.
- Stay current with changing regulations in the industry and/or property programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off