7:30am-3:30pm or until daily tasks are done
Dress Code: long pants, a shirt with at least t-shirt length sleeves and no buttons or anything that could fall off, and steel-toed footwear
The Blending Operator I mixes raw materials to safely and reliably produce and package quality food ingredients. The Blending Operator I is responsible for general sanitation, computer entry and transactions in our ERP system, SAP, and accurately completes and maintains documentation.
* According to safety (personal and food) policies, practices and systems, set up, monitor and control process(es) i.e. blending. This includes staging, weighing, measuring and mixing raw materials, dumping and stacking.
* Safely operate a forklift and other mechanical equipment i.e. shrink wrap machine.
* Perform department sanitation responsibilities daily in a manner which promotes and ensures food safety.
* Identify, troubleshoot and respond to process, product and equipment deviations.
* Process ERP transactions using SAP, accurately complete and maintain process documentation.
* Other job duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of manufacturing experience OR an Associate's degree with one year of manufacturing experience
* Food industry experience
* Ability to life 50-60 lbs. intermittently.
* Ability to wear a respirator as needed.
* Ability to obtain forklift certification.
* Ability to work overtime, 12 hour and rotating shifts as needed.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to use a computer and navigate basic programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
* Ability to follow documented processes i.e. SOPs.
* Strong mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and organization skills.
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
* Team player with ability to contribute ideas for continuous improvement.
* Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
* SAP experience
* Experience in a food processing facility
* Knowledge of food safety, GMPs and HACCP
-Drug Screen (5 Panel with Extended Opiates)
-Physical (including Spirometry, Respirator Certification Questionnaire, Lifting Assessment, Mobility Assessment)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour